7.22.2014

necessity + accessory




i've always been an accessory girl. actually in the 3rd grade i was known for it. known for my rings. one (maybe two) for each finger. then there was the sunglasses when we would go out. and i was never without a purse.

these days i still love my accessories. i mean, the right accessory can transform a plain tee to something chic & special. it can completely change the look of an outfit. one of the most versatile accessories? a scarf! check out my new favorite way to wear one here! i would totally wear a scarf every day. 

anyway, i wanna talk more about purses. or more specifically my river city leather bag. i got my first rcl bag last year for valentines day (here) and there's this later pic of it here. i gathered my evidence and made my case in the fall last year. finally, after some saving & further convincing, hubs said i should order one. i went with a medium caramel tote and have absolutely loved it. so much so that i recently sold most of my other purses (and i loved my purses). it just goes with everything. holds everything. and will essentially last forever. i now understand the importance of quality over quantity. 

with 3 kids and an active lifestyle, it's more & more important these days to find pieces that are 1. durable 2. functional 3. classic. and even though i have absolutely loved my tote, there were many instances where having a smaller, crossbody-style bag would have been more convenient. ya know, allowing my hands to be free to hold the hands of little ones. so with my birthday in july, i thought it would be a great opportunity for another bag purchase. soooo hubby & i made a deal. the deal? if i could sell enough at our rummage sale to split the cost...we would do it. um, deal! and i did. 

i emailed aaron from rcl. he worked with me on the design for a smaller crossbody-style bag & i was able to place my custom, handmade, made in the usa, order. a few weeks later, i went a few blocks down to his shop to pick up my satchel & was able to check out the variety of leathers he has in stock. gorgeous stuff. he genuinely loves what he does & it shows in his work. this crossbody satchel is incredibly light, has plenty of room inside (+ a bonus pocket sleeve) & an adjustable strap.

also, i am currently brainstorming what kind of wallet i "need." maybe emerald green leather?? 


bag shown is distressed brown with caramel straps

watch here to learn more about river city leather in gallipolis, ohio. 






No comments:

Post a Comment