8.25.2014

current cravings

with the start of school and the change of the season teetering on the horizon, inspiration starts to hit me from every direction: clothes, shoes, hair, makeup, food, smells, design, our home. the excitement i feel is palpable. fall is my absolute favorite. i'm not really sure why. maybe it's because i love to wear scarves & boots. maybe it's because i love hot apple cider. or maybe it's all the fond memories i have that go along with this bright & blustery season.
walking to school with my dad. hearing the leaves start to crunch under our feet. the cool air as i huddle under my coat hood. the fall festival at our school. hayrides from behind my dad's tractor. trips to our family cabin to soak in the changing of the leaves. bonfires through the night. s'mores & mom's homemade caramel apples. foddershock in the front yard. indian corn on the table. costumes & makeup at halloween...a time for fantasy & make-believe. it all seemed so magical through the eyes of childhood...and it still holds some of that same wonder for me, today.
so with the change of the season, i feel renewed. i crave change and feed off that which inspires me. it could come from anywhere. a movie, a book, a photo in a magazine...or let's be honest...a particular pin on pinterest (dang i love pinterest). let me digress:
pinterest. how i love thee. and here's why. i was a faithful magazine subscriber. i had multiple (many) "inspiration books" with tore out pages and pictures from magazines. anything that inspired me. and now, there's pinterest. it's like a never-ending magazine! and i can't help but faithfully search, scroll & pin before bed every night before prayers.
like i was saying...i am ready for action. i just finished the girls room redo (post soon to come!); finally hung a couple of new things in lincoln's room; washed all the bedding, pillow covers, couch cushion covers & rugs and sold a few items that needed moved out (& finally wrote a blog post). next up...my closet.

i've been reading up about capsule wardrobes & the idea speaks to the minimalist inside of me. select a few key pieces in your wardrobe and leave the rest. buy quality over quantity. mix & match the key pieces you have to create many different looks. i mean, the reality is, i have so many clothes that i never wear...and i'm not sure why i keep them. anyway, this particular assembly below could really work for me. i have most of these key pieces & could rid all the unused items from my closet.


(note: i more specifically searched "french capsule wardrobe"...well, because, few do fashion like the french.)

maybe i'll do a post about that selection & simplification process, i don't know. but anyway, here are the current craves that are filling my mind, my pinning boards & my camera roll...


mustard cardi + half updo + old truck
long & flowing
making all those recipes i've pinned
that sweater is a bit ridiculous & that outfit is a bit perfect
minimal makeup + j.law

must make this wall hanging
must whitewash brick
getting this shirt made ASAP
all things BBC! particularly doctor who & pramface
peanut butter milkshakes...i must stop


also, basically simplifying everything...wardrobes, gifts, home decor, christmas, dinners. the minimalist inside of me is coming out in full force & i don't not like it.



{photo credits via my pinterest page here}

No comments:

Post a Comment