8.31.2015

my 31-day capsule adventure || final week

they say it takes 2 weeks to break a habit. i wonder if that also stands for creating a new habit?? now that i've done a whole month of capsule dressing, it's really inspired me to keep going. i don't think i've ever actually wore EVERYTHING in my closet before. uh, i know i haven't. it feels good to wear & love to wear what i have. just another piece of life that i can appreciate being in order. simply & authentically. being thankful & thoughtful in dressing. stopping the aimless shopping & compulsive (and semi-constant) buying. it's a powerful thing to be at the mall & not "have" to go in everywhere. to not care to "browse." to have a purpose & keep a plan.

my 31-day capsule wardrobe adventure:

we've made it to the end, people! it's been such a fun ride. my kids, husband, mom, mailman & neighbors are so glad they don't have to take 20 pictures of me a day until i find one that isn't blurry, has my head & doesn't include children in the background (i should've just included those).

week 4

saturday

sunday

monday

tuesday

wednesday

thursday

friday

saturday

sunday


p.s. i skipped monday! (gave my kids the day off from photo taking, ha.)

p.p.s. I LOVE HATS. 


sooo...i've been throwing around the idea of doing a day-by-day outfit snapshot of a month during the fall (october or november) or maybe waiting until winter (january?). it may be boring because it will probably be sweater, jeans, boots, sweater, jeans, boots...but i know with fall i could try a little harder to mix things up with layering. eh, maybe we've all had enough for now. but maybe we all love fall so much that we want more. or maybe waiting until winter would be good. idk...

thoughts?????

i also began my fall capsule selection process this past weekend & will be making my final decisions by the end of the week. i want to post my completed capsule this saturday, sooo fingers crossed i can get real decisive up in hurr. goal: to get it under 40 items...preferrably 37. stay tuned, folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment